When a pirate is enhanced and levels up, her ATK and DEF stats will increase. Some pirates' stats grow at a consistent rate: Sniper Cecil, for example, will always gain +35 ATK and +15 DEF from the time she hits level 2 all the way until she hits her max level of 30. However, many other pirates' stats will grow differently depending on what level she is. Tabia the Red, for example, will gain +25 ATK and +25 DEF at first, but once she reaches level 9, she only gets +20 ATK and +20 DEF, and once she reaches level 12, she only gets +15 ATK and +15 DEF.
If a pirate has varying growths, the growths follow these two rules:
- Always exclusively incrementing or diminishing. Tabia the Red's +25/20/15 ATK and +25/20/15 DEF is a diminishing growth, while Lonesome Marlene's +10/15/20 ATK and +30/35/40 DEF is an incrementing growth. A pirate will never have a growth that is +20/30/25 ATK, which is neither clearly incrementing nor diminishing. A pirate will also never have a growth of +20/25/30 ATK but +30/25/20 DEF, because the two stats are not uniformly incrementing or diminishing. The sole exception to this rule are Pirates from The Alliance, whose 4th Growth stage copies the 2nd one.
- Always three different stages. Rampaging Devil Hannah has +40/35/30 ATK and +20/20/10 DEF; even though her DEF growth does not change in the second stage, it is still notated with three stages because her ATK growth does have 3 different stages. However, a pirate will never have a growth such as +40/40/30 ATK and +20/20/10 DEF, because that only represents a total of two variants in growth.
The level at which these stages change generally follow these patterns:
|Max Level||Growth Progression|
|30||[2-11][12-16][17-30] OR [2-30]|
|45||[2-16][17-26][27-45] OR [2-45]|
|60||[2-16][17-36][37-60] OR [2-60]|
|65||[2-16][17-36][37-61][62-65] OR [2-65]|
Taking the example of Tabia the Red again, her max level is 20, and as the corresponding growth progression suggests, upon reaching levels 2-8 she will gain her first stage growth, and upon reaching levels 9-11 she will gain her second stage growth, and finally, upon reaching levels 12-20, she will gain her third stage growth.
The implication of these growth progressions is that if a pirate with, for example, max level 60 like Astrologer Silvia reaches level 17 but is still growing at the same rate as she did on levels 2-16, then she probably has a static growth rate all the way to level 60. This is very useful for determining the max stats for a pirate well before her level is maxed out, and can aid in determining the value of maxing out a new pirate whose max stats are unknown.
These pirates are currently known to have deviating patterns:
- Mech Mermaid - [2-9][10-19][20-30]
- Banshee Wraith - [2-16][17-26][27-30]
- Prophet Zahar - [2-11][12-16][17-31][32-45]
See also this Blog post about calculating growth